It causes one to pull together for a few moments and wonder what we are doing together. If admit out loud that I have fallen in love with him I would not only doubt myself but I might scare myself. I've done this many times over these months with him. I look at him and I know that I want to be there but I don't know if he does. Maybe that's why I stay, because I'm not ready to have someone know. The longer we are together the more I notice little "problems" bubble to the surface. Not big ones, not ones with us together, but ones from my past. Do I really believe the he would sneak out one night and sleep with another woman while I was asleep in his bed? No, I know he would never do that but when I wake up in a cold sweat, sleepy and delerious, it is almost impossible to stop myself from accusing him of just that. Because someone did once. Someone hurt me in all those ways and sometimes I wonder how much longer it will be until I can simply forget. Or heal. And when will he? Because if one of us doesn't do it soon there won't be an "us", not now not ever.
He will make a great dad though. He'd make a great dad and a great husband to someone, someday. I hope at least one of my notes, not nearly as long or detailed as some of the others he's had, makes it into that box. I hope he knows somehow when he reads them that it takes all my heart to write anything at all. It's so hard to give out emotions when you are afraid nothing is ever made to last.
But it's Sunday, not a day I should be worrying about this. I can think about it another day, another time. I'm glad I have the box out of the way though, it was

10 comments:
I really liked this post. Well said.
Thank you. :) Just one of those times you have things to get off the chest and out of your system.
I enjoyed it a lot as well. Interesting to hear that guys keep that kind of stuff too, huh?
I've never actually dated anyone who didn't. My ex husband had one that had stuff from HIGH SCHOOL in it!!! After we got divorced he called to ask where it was...I informed him that I trashed it, along with anything else he didn't care to clean up himself when he kicked me out and then left the house a complete dump to go move into a new "bachelor pad". It was awesome.
It makes me stop to think, really. Because I've written countless letters to past boyfriends, posed for all of those silly little photo strips, and assumed that they meant nothing. Hmm...
Ugh, Mel, you did the right thing chucking it!
My ex had a box he put stuff from me in. Now I hear he lives with his new girlfriend. I wonder if he still has that box. I always assumed he would just get rid of it. Hmm... now I wonder?
I know my ex husband probably still has my box, HIDDEN, from his fiance somewhere. I collected all these things that I knew would someday make him realize how much he fucked up...and when we finally had a falling out he told me that he has it all taped up and can't even bare to look at it and that he will always keep it.
Even ass holes are sentimental I guess lol. I always thought "the box" was a staple for every old relationship.
Now that I think about it...I am in the mood to burn all of mine lol. I have wanted to do a burn ceremony ever since my divorce about 2 years ago.
Nicely written...the box is hard for the new SO to deal with...
I throw out everything from past relationships except jewlery or presents like that...no need to punish the jewelry because he was an ass!
Toward the end, you write as if you know it isn't going to last. Was it just a literary device, or do you know (or feel something) you're not ready to say?
@lefty-I'm pretty sure it won't last. Just trying to enjoy it while it's there and if we get lucky and figure things out....who knows, maybe we will. But probably not. And it's him, not me, I think anyway.
Post a Comment