Friday, October 26, 2007

The Line

I don’t have much to say. I have a lot on my mind but I don’t even understand it all and there is only so much you can say about being confused. Ya know? I guess things just need time to take their place right now.

I’ve been having a difficult time sorting out my “beliefs”. Not religion per se but just what I believe is right and what I believe is wrong and where the line is drawn. Just the fact that I do believe there is a right and a wrong is hard for me to handle. I’m open to a lot of ideas but certain events have put a bitter taste in my mouth when it comes to decisions and our reasoning for making these decisions. When someone does something that hurts so many people can they really say, “I know I make mistakes but you don’t understand me so how can you judge me”? I’m sort of feeling like, yes, yes I can judge you. You ruined the lives and hearts of more than one person; even if you have your reasons you should have thought about how your actions would hurt everyone and chosen not to do that thing. If we did every little thing that we wanted to do, regardless of how it would effect others, then this world would be a very sick and corrupted place. When the consequence is so magnificent you need to consider putting the lives of 20 people above your desires.

But that is me, being judgmental, and I hate it. This is where I’m at right now.

3 comments:

coffeesnob said...

today's freebie spelling tip: it's per se (a latinism). more stuff you didn't want to know?

don't mind being thought "judgmental". after all, a person without judgment is an idiot.

Appletini said...

Many people do things with out thinking of the consequences, to them selves or others. It's a shame. There are so many selfish people in this world.

It is hurtful. Wishing you a clearer understanding of your dilemma :)

Mel said...

@coffee - I'm sure I spell a lot of thing incorrectly and most of the time I don't care because I'm not taking the time to spell check stupid posts...BUT that one is something I figured I was using/writing incorrectly so the tip is appreciated.